Unofficial Game Jam 4: Ends 12:00 UTC+00:00

(Holmes) #21

That being said, who is in charge of releasing the theme and can someone post the ISO start time and ISO end time? :stuck_out_tongue: I hope who ever is in charge of posting the theme has a master thread queued up for everyone to post in with all the important information at the top so I can bookmark it.

(Pharap) #22

What’s ISO? Do you mean UTC?

Good point, who actually is in charge?

(Normally I’d offer to take the helm, but I’m already involved with too much stuff over on the forums of our friendly rival, the Pokitto.)

(Holmes) #23

Yeas!!! Haha. Sorry. That.

I think @filmote should be in charge of making the master thread and such, but maybe @Dreamer3 should pick the theme so he’ll have to join in on the fun. :laughing:

(Cody) #24

I always was…:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

(Scott R) #25

The International Organization for Standardization ?
Who should really be known as IOS…

further reading ISO 8601

Meh let’s work to blood moons

(Pharap) #26

Indeed, but without a standard reference number ‘ISO’ just refers to the organisation and not any specific standard.
(ISO can also mean other things, like the .iso disk image format.)

ISO is deliberately not an acronym because there’s no acronym that would work in all three of its official languages (English, French and Russian).

(Similarly UTC is UTC because people argued over which acronym was best in which language (English wanted CUT, French wanted TUC).)

Technically that’s a time formatting/exchange standard rather than a time keeping standard.
It’s also the reason they almost always say ‘zulu’ at the end of a time on NCIS - see navy ‘zulu’ time.

See also ISO/IEC 7810, the standard from which the Arduboy derives two of its dimensions. :P

Are we hosting a game jam or an apocalypse?

(Scott R) #27

Possible theme suggestion?

Actually we are due a good apocalypse not had one in ages I’m kinda starting to miss them.

(Simon) #28

Its the first in Australia … has been for half an hour now. @Cody17 what is the theme?

(JohnnydCoder) #29

I can’t wait to compete in my first Game Jam!

I just want to be know: is September 10 the final day that we can submit or do all entries have to be made before that date?

(Holmes) #30

Yes, what is the UTC start time and UTC end time? :grinning:

Also, what is the theme?

(Cody) #31

Updated the post the theme is there and the time was whenever I woke up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Holmes) #32

Please include a start and time in UTC format! You are saying it has already started?

(Cody) #33

Yup. Get Jamming or don’t.

(Simon) #34

I have a game idea that might fit - it’s called Dark & Under - hope I can finish it in time.

(T Malo) #35

Dungeons and Unicycles?
Oh my

tough one for me too

(Felipe Manga) #37

Tough but… interesting. I’m going to have to think a bit then rush something out in the last minute. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Cody) #38

Enjoy my ridiculous theme :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Simon) #39

I am reading it Dungeons or Unicycles.

(Cody) #40

Both. It’s supposed to be hard​:grinning::grinning: