Vanity Search

(Simon) #1

Couldn’t help myself with @eried’s new filtering …

View on Erwin’s site

The Games

1943: The Battle of Midway            (GitHub)
Dominoes ‘All Fives’                       (GitHub)
Pipes                                               (GitHub)
Karateka                                         (GitHub)
Choplifter                                        (GitHub)
Dark & Under                                  (GitHub)
Dark & Under - Level Designer       (GitHub)

(Kevin) #2

His website is so cool, I’m jelly he has time to develop for it. It’s my goal for next year to bring all of this under one roof will still allowing for full functionality of 3rd party solutions!

(Felipe Manga) #3

Quite a collection you’ve got there!

And that new filtering feature looks good! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Simon) #4

Yep you did a good job on it!

(Simon) #5

@bateske you should beg or even pay someone to write a .hex uploader for the Macintosh and then promote his solution as the ‘official’ solution. I am ‘jelly’ too (whatever that means!).

(Felipe Manga) #6

Doesn’t avrgirl work on Macintosh?

(Scott) #7

And for Linux as well.

(Erwin) #8

Actually, @Fmanga coded the filtering and search. So he deserves another arduboy :stuck_out_tongue:

(this is ACTUAL FOOTAGE of @bateske after a gamejam)

I think replacing avrdude.exe calls from my Uploader would suffice as a solution for mac and linux. I used mono extensively in the raspberry pi and it is quite stable. But Macs… meh, I already fell into their trickery on 2004 with an ipod. I try to keep my money away from them and their evil mindtricks to make you feel like shit if you dont embrace the macf*g ecosystem of aluminium and glass.

(Felipe Manga) #9

(Simon) #10

AVRGirl? I am not familiar with this.

(Scott R) #11

First I’ve heard of it also.
http://meow.noopkat.com/the-avrgirl-project-an-introduction/

(Felipe Manga) #12

Basically avrdude written in javascript… making it portable and really easy to make a GUI frontend for. Of course, you can also use it from the command line, but then might as well just use avrdude.

(Scott) #13

(Simon) #14

Great, I am going to read up on this!

(Felipe Manga) #15

@MLXXXp:
Ah, I didn’t know about that thread. Later on it looks like she sorted out the issues with the lib.

@filmote:
If you want to test it, here’s the Mac build of ProjectABE with avrgirl.

(Simon) #16

Will do! What do I need to do to install it?

(Felipe Manga) #17

I didn’t make an installer, so it’s just unzip and run.

(Simon) #18

I’ll give it a go! Expect questions :slight_smile:

(Felipe Manga) #19

Ok, thanks! :smiley:

(Simon) #20

I have downloaded the file and looked at the readme.md. It says to run the executable from the command line. How do I do that?

I got it running by double clicking on the ProjectAPP.

When I try to upload it, I get ‘resetting board’ in the title bar followed by 'flasher timed out. The Serial LED flashes yellow at the start of ‘resetting board’ but that’s it until the arduboy looks like it resets and then restarts the previous game.

When I try to upload a .hex file that I have dagged onto the emulator, I do not get the dialog to upload and nothing happens. Its like it hasn’t even detected the ‘U’ key.

Finally, when I drag a .hex file onto the emulator when it is playing another game, it shows me the dump of the file rather than re-starting with the new game. I can only drop a .hex file when viewing the list of games.