VGA1306 plus NES Controller (now with FX goodness!)

Hard to take a picture of this … the image is sooooo bright. Need to find the contrast settings.

“Cough…cough…typo…cough”

1 Like

It’s a time-travelling P-38! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Or an aerial steam carriage

2 Likes

I didn’t want to wait another week for parts so hacked up a usb nes pad and a old router
I now have RJ45 controllers.

3 Likes

Very cool. My NES female plug arrived on Friday so I will be attempting the NES controller to Pro Micro wire up soon.

2 Likes

So I found some random bits of LEGO so why not.

5 Likes

It was good enough for Google.

2 Likes

Thanks to @uXe, I have a rotating stand for my Arduboy Console. And yes it will be painted satin black to match the rest of the unit on the weekend as its too cold to spray at night now.

The unit has a power supply to power the Leonardo itself, the Pro Micro (which is interfacing the NES controller) and the amp for sound. Otherwise, its an IBM monitor mounted on a DELL arm … a bit of a mongrel really.

10 Likes

Wow… Just wow!

Looks like an arcade version of the Arduboy!

1 Like

You may have noticed that I re-posted 1943 in vertical mode … I will be able to play it properly on this!

Yeah i was about to say it was probably why you updated your game. You can finally play it as it should be played.

2 Likes

That table top machine its resting on has 1942 and 1943 on it!

2 Likes

Just realized that my son’s PS4 is in the background. Every time I look at one of his games I marvel at the amount of effort and detail that goes into the hardware and software itself. Here I am getting excited by an MDF box with a bunch of Arduinos wired together yet a single PS4 could have powered both the American and Russian space programs of the 60s / 70s simultaneously plus allowed the astronauts / cosmonauts to play space invaders.

Single-chip custom processor CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine

1 Like

Without meaning to digress too much…

Etymologically speaking ‘cosmonaut’ is actually more correct than ‘astronaut’ because the former (roughly) means ‘universe sailor’ whereas the latter (roughly) means ‘star sailor’.
If astronauts actually sailed stars, they’d be burned beyond cinders.
Yet ‘astronaut’ remains the more popular term, sadly.

1 Like

And some final shots …

10 Likes

Sort of reminds me of my old Apple ][

Ha! Loving it, excellent work - any photos of the inside?

Nope … but it sort of looks like this, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Juno First looks good on this. Makes me want to see a bezel at the bottom almost :wink:

1 Like