Virus LQP-79 - eighth TEAM a.r.g. game

This is our eighth game for Arduboy. This one is made by @fuopy, @JO3RI, Castpixel, Justin Cyr and STG

Here you have a video:

Manual, media, download and technical are all on our website:
http://www.team-arg.org/vlqp-manual.html

"Semi-Official" Game List for the Arduboy
Best of Arduboy 2016
"Semi-Official" Game List for the Arduboy
What’s the best Arduboy game?

Err… I’m getting a “File is too big” error for some reason…

(Ethan) #3

Can’t wait to play it on my arduboy (when it comes). Compiles no problem and looks like a really cool game!

(Sebastian Perez Galarza) #4

a terrific game. I enjoy very much. spend a lot of time with. beating my own record

(Nicolas) #5

Installed it, gave it to my sister. After a while she quit in frustration, but it’s only temporary. She’s determined to find the Level 3 door before dying :wink:

(Holmes) #6

Another amazing Team ARG game!! Nice job! I love Zombies Ate My Neighbors game for the SNES. Excited to play this!

What Arduino IDE are you using ? did you select Leonardo Board (or Arduboy) ?

(Boti Kis) #8

Oh boy, i love the graphics of your games. You make amazing things. Will try it as soon as i have a working arduboy again :'D

Great job guys :smiley: this is definitely the best game I’ve seen/played on Arduboy so far :wink:

I’ve tried with both, still getting it:
Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Arduboy”

Sketch uses 28,734 bytes (100%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.

Global variables use 1,558 bytes (60%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,002 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Sketch too big; see http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#size for tips on reducing it.

at processing.app.debug.Compiler.size(Compiler.java:334)

at processing.app.debug.Compiler.build(Compiler.java:117)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1162)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1180)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1166)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2487)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Sketch too big; see http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#size for tips on reducing it.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

It might help to update the Arduino IDE to the latest version which is 1.6.9 :slight_smile:

You should tell your sister, she can roam the borders for the closed gate BEFORE collecting all survivors :wink:

Closed gates look like this:

Yep @Madao64 I’m pretty sure the IDE version is the problem :slight_smile: like @DSSiege11 mentioned, better upgrade to 1.6.9 (I remember some of the lower versions had several issues with compiling size)

Yep that fixed it! Thanks guys!

(Callum Michie) #15

This looks amazing! I wonder if the IT guy would mind me installing the Arduino IDE on my work PC… :smirk:

o_O someone already got to level 33 and scored 130195 http://www.team-arg.org/vlqp-highscore.html

(Micah) #17

This game is just amazing. I switch around games when I’m at home to try them all out, but whenever I leave home, or am somewhere where I know I wont be able to switch out games for a while, this is the one I load. Awesome work gents.

Thanks @Micahdebick for even taking the time telling this ! You can’t imagine how “important” getting feesback is for us. Only now, creating games ourself we understand how good this feels, people telling they like what you created.

(Micah) #19

No problem man. I too am an artist (musician) so I absolutely know the value in hearing positive feedback from something you have created.
I am seriously blown away by this game though. Much higher quality game than I thought this little device was even capable of. :+1:

Am I the only one that has problems with the level 27? When I reach the level Amy disappears and I cannot do anything.
Amazing game, by the way! Thank you so much!