What are you listening to?

They have a formula that scales online listens against actual sales (online and CD). But I am guessing the man with the largest budget wins

Thats a better choice of word… :wink:

1 Like

Try Jimmy’s Cliffs remake off the Clash’s “Guns of Brixton”, produced by Tim Armstrong of Rancid, especialy the lyrics of that song get a new meaning when sung by Cliff.

Jimmy played that role in that movie…

I am old enough to have lived through the Clash the first time around. I saw Joe Strummer and Mick Jones separately in Melbourne but never saw The Clash themselves (they came in '82 and I was a little young then).

2 Likes

Yep, me too.

Lived the original first Punk Wave (with ska and reggae in their slipstream), not going to say they where better times then, but missing the “music with a message” (whatever that message was).

Edit:
Maybe missing “musical subcultures” is a better definition…

1 Like

I mostly listen to Gorillaz, J. Cole, Bruno Major, Frank Ocean(Mostly Channel Orange), though I’m also currently listening to Daft Punk, Little Simz, and older artist like Billie Holiday and Nina Simone.

I also found this animated video about over a year ago, and I adore the music in it!

Also love the track Blizzard from the somewhat recent Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie.