What is Arduboy FX

Do you hate needing to find a PC just to switch between your favorite Arduboy games?

Arduboy FX is for you! 250+ Games ON-BOARD!

http://arduboy.com/fx/

whatisfx

Buy a PRE-MODDED Arduboy FX, or upgrade your own using a screwdriver and soldering iron with the Arduboy FX Mod Chip.

Majority of the hard work done by: @Mr.Blinky

15 Likes

What does the FX say …?

…sorry! :wink:

1 Like

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: … BUY ME … BUY ME … :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

In the image in the original post, it looks like it says “What FX is?”

1 Like

Its true it’s a graphic design nightmare that maybe one day will get fixed.

FantastX

Nuff said

9 Likes

1 Like

Video uploading the cart:

8 Likes

Nice.

Reset button FTW :smiley:

Couldn’t help but noticing that the RGB LED blinks green instead of red :thinking: did you get a different type of RGB LED or is it wired differently?

I think we talked about this before, same thing happened on the other FX dev kit, I think my LED is either backwards or just different. I don’t know they are always a problem for me.

You should include the Arduboy2 library’s RGBled example sketch on the flash chip for testing. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t remember the name of the app but @crait has something that tests everything really nice about your Arduboy. Too many games for Arduboy… FX will be a revolution! There will be a “Apps & Tools” category.

1 Like

If Steve Jobs were still alive, he’d be drinking my salty tears.

5 Likes

For a list of the games check out here: The order of the games and the categories will be updated, if you don’t see your game message @mameise if you do see your game and you’d rather not let me know!

I’m excited for this! I think I will end up trying far more games with them all on one device. Easy game swapping was the one feature I really missed on the Arduboy.

I guess an SD card was never really an option considering how slim the Arduboy is (plus the prohibitive costs of creating a new injection molded case?), but this has almost all the benefits without the risk of losing/breaking an SD card.