I want to use this Topic to discuss the License people/developers should use for their game. This is about how to publish an open source game, but not having others just “copy it” and make it their own.
What license should we use if:
- we want to provide the source for other people to learn
- we don’t want our game to be just re-branded
- we want a character to be copyrighted (for example mario)
- the music is actually not open source
- the graphics are copyrighted
- maybe we just want to provide the source as learning stuff but you can’t use any of it for your own game
I would like to hear all of you, on how to accomplish setup or pick a proper license. Maybe we should create our own licenses, as an example:
- arduboy license case 1: all material is open source.
- arduboy license case 2: game source is open, but the game idea, music, characters, or graphics are copyrighted
- arduoby license case 3: all material is copyrighted but source is provided
I will remove all off topic responses and those not adding to the conversation about the licenses