What's in a name?

An ARDUBOY™️ by any other name?

• RADBOUY
  • YOUBARD
  • ROADBUY
  • YOURBAD
  • RUBYADO

0 voters

What!? no YODARUB in that list? Sounds like a product that would sell pretty good :smile: )

4 Likes

LOL … I like this one.

No one has ever liked my poetry.

1 Like

Really no YOBUDRA? Alucard would be proud.

1 Like

But where are the other 5,031 (if I did the math right) other possible letter combinations that aren’t listed anywhere in this topic thread :joy:

2 Likes

When I went to the first maker faire I made a shirt with decal letters and the lady at the fabric store thought I was spelling “Rude Boy” I think about it a lot. And every time I use a new computer I have to stop it from being Arduous boy.

That said I’m here for YODARUB.

2 Likes

You’re missing a ‘STA’ between the A and the R. :P

Clearly she was a ska fan…

So I wasn’t the only one reading it like that :slight_smile:

I also read ROADBUY as ROADKILL. I guess my mind works in mysterious ways :smile:

Really this was a Rorschach test of the community… :see_no_evil:

Loving all the suggestions!
My new fave’s: YODARUB (@Blinky) and YOBUDRA (@sjm4306) -sounds like a giant kaiju .

Contender:
YODARUB

3 Likes

Damn thumbnail doesn’t resolve cuz I don’t have ssl.

2 Likes

Wow … that’s, err … umm … dedication!

Now that you have the domain name, what are you planning to do with it?

What am I NOT planning to do with it might be the better question

1 Like

Wow! @bateske you’ve taken it to a whole new level!! :rofl:

I get a kind of virtual pet vibe off that.

Hold on to it and sell for big $$$ :money_mouth_face:

Maybe add this to that page and we’ve got a new meme

Unfortunately that is actually illegal.

If you don’t hold on to it and the domain expires. Some other hosting services will buy it and sell for big $$$ and that’s legal?

Under US law:

cybersquatting is registering, trafficking in, or using an Internet domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else.

Yoda is trademarked, so intending to profit from a domain name containing ‘Yoda’ is likely to be interpreted as cybersquatting.

In some cases the law makes sense, but some people really will sue over anything.

I don’t make the rules, I just interpret them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spookily relevant:
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-i-use-yoda-in-my-domain-name--602805.html

The force is not with you nor is the law.

I’m not squatting this is a legitimate yodarub fan club

Good suggestion @Mr.Blinky

By the way I have a ton of free domain credits and it takes about 5 minutes to set up a wordpress with my host. Having a fresh sandbox is nice to play in sometimes :slight_smile:

I also know a quality domain when I see one, something happened to the hosting for this one:

http://www.bizzaro.world/