When is the Arduventure supposed to arrive?

So I’ve been waiting for a while and I’m a bit impatient and I would love to know estimate of when the devices will arrive? And sorry if I sound rude I’m just super exited and can’t wait because I’m a child on the inside.

I saw another posting where @bateske said the code has gone ‘gold’ meaning the Arduventure is getting ready to ship.

5 Likes

To quote the email:

The plan is to start production next week and hopefully it should only take a week to finish.

So theoretically 3 weeks from now, but the reality will vary.

1 Like

Probably somewhere closer to March - April is more realistic since China are getting close to party month.
Depending where you are in the queue you could be looking as far off as March May.

1 Like

We’re only building 750 units and that should complete in less than a week even with only a couple people on the production line. I would say I’m optimistic we can get them shipped to the US (where we do fulfillment) before Chinese New Year. I’m also traveling to China this weekend to visit the factory myself and give it the best chance of getting out the door.

For people in the US, I would guess the end of February it will arrive and for international something in early March. If it does get pushed after CNY then add a month to those estimates.

Either way I’ll do my best to keep you updated on the status with a few pictures from the factory if I can.

5 Likes

I’d love to see that and a short video? I really enjoyed watching the earlier photo’s and video. I appreciate my little Arduboy much more now after seeing how Arduboy was manufactured with care and joy by those Chinese workers :+1: I hope production will go smootly for everyone involved.

I’ll wait patiently for my Arduventure boy. Early March would be perfect. But later would be fine too. I’ve got something to look forward to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok good point, long time since I’ve done any video. Maybe I can show a good tour from Seeed studio and introduce my project and production managers.

3 Likes

I have often wondered how many employees Arduboy Inc has/what the average day is like.

Based on what I’ve read, the vision in my head it’s just you and @Celinebins and production outsourced to a Chinese factory.

I suspect it’s probably very different to that, but beyond the odd photo of a convention or Arduboys being boxed, we don’t know much about what goes on behind the scenes.

(Unless there’s stuff that’s been posted to Twitter that I wouldn’t have seen, which is perfectly plausible.)

1 Like

I’m the only one on the payroll but a few people have some equity in the company and help out where they can. In general when I say “we” it is referring to the fact that I can’t do any of this on my own. People on the community and often my friends and family are chipping in too.

5 Likes

When will be available for download? I am not a backer but would gladly pay 10 dollars for it.

No exact date but the game should be available for download likely March or April

2 Likes

This is what about 500 packages looks like. #bigbluetruck

6 Likes

Received mine Thursday!

3 Likes

I know somewhere you were looking for a gameplay video. So here’s one Retr0Rob did. Light spoilers! https://youtu.be/d6cSHihlh0k

2 Likes

There’s a small typo on the Arduventure box, it says “Mirco USB” instead of micro… and inside it says “ep 1” instead of Step 1.

3 Likes