When Is The Next Game Jam

So when is the next game jam? Will we do something special or just GameJam 4?Will we even have one?

I’m in … I think the topic is important. I liked the ‘education’ one last time but it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll make a suggestion… how about a cowboy/western theme? Cows, farms, rodeos, duels, trains, horses…

3 Likes

As long as @crait doesn’t submit his Midnight Cowboy game … that would be hard to beat!

5 Likes

I will definitely participate. I loved the others I was a part of. We should probably plan for it months out so people can set time aside. The first week of November, for instance, would be far enough out.

I really like having goofy concepts or something slightly vague enough to allow a lot of creativity like the “Holidays” theme we had in the past.

Haha. Thank you… :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh, i love the wildwest setting, nice idea. I am patiently waiting for Red Dead II already :wink:

1 Like

I think @filmote has a good point… The last jam had an educational aspect since those kinds of games didn’t quite exist on the system. Maybe we should find a theme that the Arduboy is missing, like board games or something.

We could organise an unofficial one without prizes.
We can’t really organise an official one without Mr Admin.

I think I’d give it a miss again, I’ve got enough projects on my to do list.

In Space!

2 Likes

So it on then we just need a host

great timing!
i got my nephew an arduboy for his birthday about a month ago and he’s enjoying it, and i just got mine a day ago and was trying to come up with a project to share with him.
i am so down.
following this thread and looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

1 Like

Another (though probably un-official) Gam Jam sounds great! :grinning:

2 Likes

What about countries as themes? Bring on the stereotypes!
Europe: castles, cheese, making wine, gladiators, spaghetti, etc
or Australia: kangaroos, emus, BBQ, boomerangs, camping, etc

2 Likes

@Freezingsnail had this covered …

I am thinking of a game featuring a Drop Bear.

3 Likes

@Celinebins & @filmote:

Really though, I’d be tempted to just rip off Allo Allo.
All the stereotypes I could ever want :P

2 Likes

My noodlin game in south Carolina will fit in that topic :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

Awesome … just wade right into the water and grab 'em.

I am thinking of a game called ‘Kangaroo Cull’ where you have to pull the trigger right when they are in the centre of the sights.

Hmm i’d guess i should make a game about a cheesy dude plugging holes in a dike then :stuck_out_tongue:

Prefer the Western theme though

1 Like

Kangaroos, because Emus would be too difficult.

Emus 1, Aussies 0

And cassowaries for that matter. The southern cassowary: endangered and dangerous.
(Good look at a cassowary here for anyone interested.)

2 Likes

What about Cane toads for bonus points.

I was thinking a school-themed jam because the school year is going to start soon (doesn’t have to be educational). :abc: