Which Browser(s) Do You Regularly Use?

Which Web Browser(s) Do You Regularly Use?
  • Chrome (Desktop)
  • Chrome (Mobile)
  • Firefox (Desktop)
  • Firefox (Mobile)
  • Edge (Desktop)
  • Edge (Mobile)
  • Safari (Desktop)
  • Safari (Mobile)
  • Opera (Desktop)
  • Opera (Mobile)
  • Internet Explorer
  • Chromium
  • Waterfox
  • Pale Moon
  • Yandex
  • Brave
  • Lynx
  • Tor
  • Other

0 voters

This is not representative of the larger internet I see

Or rather the figures for the general populace are not necessarily representative of the Arduboy forum’s userbase, and possibly not representative of the Arduboy’s userbase either.

After all, the “larger internet” includes people who never use the internet for anything other than shopping and reading news articles.

I think the people replying to this post mostly just hate google taking their data.

2 Likes

^ correct.

True but people using the forum can probably use the Python tools anyway.

These are the very people a tool like this should be aimed at. Allowing people to just use the Arduboy as a games unit without needing to understand the how and why.

Probably. Let’s find out!

How Do You Feel About Google Harvesting Your Data?
  • I hate it
  • I dislike it
  • I’m fine with it
  • I like it
  • I love it
  • I’m not sure

0 voters

Not necessarily. There’s likely a subset of forum users who would struggle to use a command line tool, and for whom a graphical upload tool would be appropriate.

(And then there’s me, who just doesn’t like dealing with Python.)

I wouldn’t have thought “people who never use the internet for anything other than shopping and reading news articles” would be likely to be interested in the Arduboy in the first place. At least, not the ones I was thinking of.

Ultimately the point is that the statistics for general usage doesn’t necessarily remain accurate when you focus on a particular group of people. E.g. if you were to look at the subset of the population who regularly play video games, the result might be different to e.g. the subet that does not regularly play video games.

Before anyone leaps to any conclusions: this isn’t a judgement about whether creating a tool using WebSerial is a useful/worthwhile endeavour or not, I created the poll more out of curiosity than anything else.