Well, I’ve already returned.
It has cost me sweat and tears to put what I have gotten him. And he has known me little.
I’ve thrown about ten times more optimizing and ‘tricking’ than programming and drawing.
Every time I discovered a new ‘trap’, I would redo the whole code.
It only has two levels and a lot of honor.
He hardly whistles, first because no idea of music and second because anyway it did not fit.
What bothered me the most was the compiler. As soon as I got anything new, I lost about half a kilobyte. I had to think a lot about putting things that I would not use several times.
The truth is that I could not guess what is influencing the program to change illogically when removing things. It suppressed a call to a function and instead of lowering the size, it went up.
1-The map with metatiles.
2-The same graphic mirrored everywhere.
3-Cut out in library parts that I would not use.
Others were simply trial and error.
Having several methods to do the same task, he implemented them all and saw which ate less memory.
But do not make mistakes, I’ve had a good time.
It reminded me of my time when I was messing with the Spectrum.
Thank you all for the documentation that exists and especially for the magazines.
Here a gif, the hex and the sources.
P.S. It’s a beta.