For some time I’ve been looking to make my own Arduboy, since any previous DIY ones I had broke or the parts couldn’t be replaced easily, I made my own!
I used a 5x7cm proto-board, 6x push buttons, and some detachable headers to make it. The reason it’s a WIP is because I have to wait for my new Pro Micro to see if it actually works (Wish me luck!).
I am definitely planning on making my own PCB design so it’s thinner and less painful to solder everything.
I’ve just finished and ordered version 2 of the PCB design. It includes a TP4056, MT3608 and a 3.7V battery. Here is some images (Front and Back):
(The only questionable thing is connecting the
-VOUT but it should be fine)
(I tested it on a breadboard and it works fine )
We have a slight issue
Due to my inexperience with PCB design I didn’t consider that this would happen (I have to place the screen upside down to work because the wiring is reversed and is technically intended to be placed on the other side, I’ve fixed this in the new Gerber file now)
So a bit of a setback, and I’ll have to make do for now and order some new ones (I think even Version 1 will have this issue)