Wow. I got the 1st of 10000 Arduboy!

I just received mine today! Super surprised to get the first too. Can’t wait to spend sometime developing something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hate to break it to you but all the silver back arduboys say the same thing!

2 Likes

awh :frowning: Well thanks for clearing that up i suppose

3 Likes

No problem, lots of people have thought the same thing so you weren’t the only one confused!

2 Likes

I’m glad someone did! I didn’t have the courage :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

lol

Got the same 1 of 10.000

well, i don’t get it that people sometimes think they got the first one. there is just printed “1 of 10000” and not "1st of 10000"
for me it is unambiguous.

I think people are seeing it as “No.1 of 10000”

okay, i see what you mean

In English “1 of 10000” is normally interpreted as the 1st in a set of 10000. If 2 of 10000 were printed on an Arduboy would you think that it was two Arduboys?

If you want to say that it’s an Arduboy from a set of 10000 made, but not necessarily the first, then you spell out the number:
One of 10000

2 Likes

{a : a∈A}

Where a is an Arduboy and A is the set of all real Arduboys. The set of Arduboys, A, is limited to being no more than 10,000 Arduboys and no less than 0 Arduboys.

For sure need that mathjax plugin.

mmmmh a bit curious for me because we learned at school that
1 (one) ist just any “one” and the 1st (first) is that explicit first one and NOT any “one”. in germany it is CLEARLY defined what it means if you write “1” and “1st”.
1 = one = eins/eine/einer
1st = first = erste/erster/erstes
ende gelände !!! und koi so schwämmigs’ palaver :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

In English “1 of 10000” is normally interpreted as the 1st in a set of 10000

No its not. 1 of something is 1 out of something NOT 1st of something…

So if you had an Arduboy with 2157 of 10000 printed on the back, what do you think that would mean?

Are you guys rly waste your time with this?

1 Like

hahaha, the implications are so serious though, how could you not devote hours to this thought!

So if you had an Arduboy with 2157 of 10000 printed on the back, what do you think that would mean?

That could mean you would have ANY one of the 2157 out of the 10000 lot. There is no context of order. If there was context it would say FIRST 2157 of 10000.

I do also contradict @MLXXXp’s definition with the definition of a set, and set membership.

But this does again beg @Botisaurus’ question,

1 Like

So I guess Pono got it wrong with their limited edition players.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=pono+player+limited&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ

Someone should tell them about this so they’ll know better next time. :smile:

1 Like

this means nothing because numbering each arduboy would look like
1st of 10000…
2nd of 10000…
3rd of 10000…
4th of 10000…
and so on
2157th of 10000

or am i wrong ???

1 Like