Yatzy - a Neo Retro Game

Here is our second game for the Arduboy.

It’s your favorite dice based poker game on a portable device. You can play up to 3 players on the same device, so challenge your friends. Yatzy is a dice game where players need to score as many points as possible, by rolling five dice to make different combinations. This game consists of 13 rounds with the scorecard having 13 categories. Roll the dice up to three times and choose which scoring category is to be used for that round. Once a category has been used in the game, it cannot be used again. The winner is the player who scores the most points.

Screenshots:

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9qrJRM6scg

Download
Game is available for download at neoretro.games

Changelog

• V1.3 added save high score

WELL DONE!!! i was wanting to do something similar :smiley: i loveeee board games

Thanks, board games are awesome and I knew Yatzy would work great on the Arduboy.

when you say “the source aint working” what do you mean?, what error are you getting?

do you have both of these libraries UP TO DATE?
Arduboy2 V3.1
ArduboyTones V1.0.2

Clean your cache out or try another browser? Its downloading fine on my end.

1 Like

Cracking game. I’ve not played Yatzy in years. Good effort!

Thanks, it was fun to make.

Still looking into the cause. I may just zip the source file since my server will not send the ino source file

1 Like

Got it my Arduboy, I’ve got a roadtrip coming up, I will leave it on my Arduboy.

I installed it using Team A.R.G. game loader which seemed to install fine.

The source link now downloads a zip that contains the ino file

1 Like

I misred the title of the game I keep thinking it says Neo-Nazi not Neo retro.

1 Like

Lol, nope Neo Retro is the group name we are using for the games we release.

1 Like

New team coming up with Arduboy games? I love it!

GREAT JOB! Thank you very much, one of my favorite games and perfect for the Arduboy. Very good use of the limited screen real estate, well done!

Yep, our next game SIEGE will be released May 1st. Have several more games being worked on including a classic rpg style game.

Thanks, I’m glad you like it.
And that is an Exceptional score! Triple Yatzys!!

1 Like

My first game is now 75% done, will have it out by mid-May. Hopefully you’ll like it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it still in dev? (sorry for the bump of the topic)

2 Likes